Friday, September 25, 2009

Aw, how cute...


All of my students have read the student handbook and they've all heard my lecture about inappropriate subject matter at the beginning of the term yet I keep finding things like this when I clean my room. It's really amazing how the drug culture has become so important to so many of my students. This was on a transparency, presumably destined to become a silkscreen. It's actually kind of funny and subversive. It kind of reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw the other day that said something like, "the hippies wanted to change the world but all they do now is smoke pot and play frisbee golf". I think the Care Bears might as well get high all the time because, as a group, they have become culturally irrelevant.

1 comment:

  1. My daughters like the Care Bears - "Funshine Bear," "Share Bear," "Rainbow Bear," etc. However, I don't think I'll be getting them a "Pot Bear" or "Stoner Bear" for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete